Machine Mart - small claim

I've just asked them about it. Let's see how long the post lasts.

FWIW I won't be using them again, and this is coming from someone who will buy tools with only slimmest justification.

Reply to
JonT

On Thursday 15 August 2013 13:27 JonT wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Less than 15 minutes I would guess...

I cannot see your post.

However, you could "like" mine:

(top post - HTF do you get a link for a single post??)

Reply to
Tim Watts

On Thursday 15 August 2013 13:27 JonT wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Just posted a very carefully worded question:

"Can you comment on why Machine Mart would allegedly issue a £38 time limited credit note rather than a cash refund against a complaint of a faulty product? And then spend an alleged £380 defending that action?

"

14:48
Reply to
Tim Watts

On Thursday 15 August 2013 14:51 Tim Watts wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Gone by 14:52

So they are basically getting someone to sit on the FB page? Must be costing them...

Fools...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Good fun pissing with them though isn't it :)

I suspect Mr Carnell is desperately hoping none of this will come to the attention of the MD or the board who will no doubt take a fairly dim view of it if they have any business sense at all.

Reply to
Dave Baker

be interested in any response to that

Reply to
Rick Hughes

all we need now is the CEO name and email address

i have also sent an email to mr S Carnell

-
Reply to
Mark

The Managing Director is Mr Kenneth Albert Stephenson Machine Mart

211 Lower Parliament Street Nottingham NG1 1GN

I thought of writing, pointing out that Mr Carnell is costing him money, but I wouldn't want to be responsible for possible repercussions. YMMV

Reply to
GB

I doubt it will get one. I respond to personal abuse by just discarding what ever else came with it. Pity, it started off quite well.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Hah. Bring it on. I have some especially salty language saved especially for that type of slug.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Northern Tool don't do the dirty on anyone who posts here, else I'd be shit out of luck.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Shared on my stream. Also, the 'recommend' box on MM's FB page gives the opportunity to splash it over other pages as friends see it on yours. With a comment, of course :)

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

+1
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I can recommend this eBay seller instead of Machine Mart

The plastic hose does have a bit of a mind of its own though, I've seen several people recommend a decent rubber replacement from qwashers

Andy Burns

Names of directors

Mr Kenneth Albert Stephenson (born 69 years ago) Director, Management Consultant

12 Sep 1996 ? Present (16 years, 11 months, 3 days) Ms Jacqueline Williams (born 48 years ago) Company Secretary 01 Sep 1997 ? Present (15 years, 11 months, 14 days)

Miss Tracey Clarke (born 49 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 22 days)

Mr John Alan Clarke (born 70 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 22 days)

Mrs Sandra Elaine Clarke (born 70 years ago) Director, Director

24 Mar 2011 ? Present (2 years, 4 months, 22 days)
Reply to
The Other Mike

Interesting. Three Clarkes on the board. Wonder if they have anything to do with the Clarke tools that they sell?

Reply to
Andrew May

I think that 40 years ago, they traded as Clarkes

Reply to
charles

That would explain why catalogue is full of 'Clarke' brand product

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Machine Mart came into existance about 30 years ago, presumably still family owned.

It's only a brand name applied mass proudced chinese stuff that you can buy with other brand names applied in other stores. There might be minor differences like colour...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It also tends to be more expensive than others who brand the same goods. Probably why I've never bought anything from Machine Mart - and after this, likely never will.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)