Low voltage fairy lights

I've seen a really nice light in various shops recently. The problem is it is very expensive & could by done much cheaper if attempted as a DIY project. The light consists of a 'globe' of wire mesh, and within this there are maybe 18 or so 12V 5W lights (a little like brighter Christmas tree lights). Does anyone know where it is possible to buy the PSU and a number of these lights and fittings please? Thanks, Dave.
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 02:21:49 +0000, Pile wrote:

Screwfix part number 10463 - 105VA electronic transformer. 10
The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk
no snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Pile) wrote in message

Any chance of a photo? sounds good... (as a fan of all types of lighting...)
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote in message

Pop into Habitat!
no snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Pile) wrote in message

Actually you can see a pretty low quality image from the Habitat web site
http://www.habitat.co.uk/uk/main_uk.htm
Click on product search and enter NEDO

lighting...)
Slightly better picture here!
http://www.habitat.co.uk/enlarge/13225_view1.jpg
Sparks...

Difficult, there ain't any here (thank God!!)

Looks like an accident in a hairdressers... Changed my mind!!! And to think that the "customers" of hattibat PAY for this??? LOL
no snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com "Pile" writes:

If you want to buy cheap Christmas tree-like lights now I suggest you tour round the shops, supermarkets and diy sheds and buy some half-price Christmas tree lights.
I'm afraid to say that IME when it comes to making your own version of mass-produced items you are i) unlikely to be able to get the bits, and ii) if you can, they will cost more than buying the ready-made product.
(Not having seen these lights in the shops, I now have an image of a Blue Peter-style Advent Crown made with 4 wire coat hangers, some tinsel and a string of fairy lights. Enjoy.)
--
Graham Nye
graham(a)thenyes.org.uk
snipped-for-privacy@nye.org.uk (Graham Nye) wrote in message "Pile" writes:

OK - you may well have a point there Graham! The point was it was

shelf it would be relatively straightforward to make the lamp, the PSU enclosure top bit might be a bit difficult to source tho...