Low voltage Connectors & transformers-sourcing

Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed. One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.
Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about 2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.
I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..Any suggestions as to online suppliers
Thanks
Ged
cpc.co.uk do the fitting min order 5 off.. or i can supply one for 2.50 incl p&p
would ne a pic of light to advise on transformer.
remove NOSPAM for direct email address.

geoff

Possibly not the cheapest but I just happen to have a catalogue in front of me :)
<http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/TLPC5.html
<http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Main_Index/Lighting_Menu_Index/Lighting_Tran sformers/index.html>
--
Alan

geoff

"Ged" wrote | Can anyone tell me the best place to purchase a 240 - 12V | Electronic transformer for a reading light above the bed. | One of a matching pair so am reluctant to buy 2 new lights | if the transformer can be replaced cheaply.
Any DIY or electrical place will have a range, for various values of best and cheap, including Maplin
| Also, the " connector" that the two prongs of the 12v halogen plugs | into is not making great contact and I would also like to replace | this..the low voltage wires stick into one side of it and the prongs | from the bulb stick into the other side..Its a little white disc about | 2 cm across and about 1.5 cm deep. It appears to be made of ceramic.
If the bulb is 35mm across it's probably G4 base - Maplin KJ77J If the bulb is 50mm across it's probably GX5.3 base - Maplin VJ11M
If it happens to be G6.3 then Maplin KH72P
| I cant find these anywhere locally in Edinburgh..
Maplin, 126 Dalry Rd, near Somerfield. Tel 313-5551. Parking behind shop.
Owain