Lots of hardwood to get rid of!

I am moving house, and I have in my garage quite of lot of really nice sawn timber that I need to dispose of, most of which has been seasoned under cover for about 8-9 years.

It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak, mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my supervision.

Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to advertise this?

Many thanks

Roland

Reply to
Roland

eBay

It is probably worth dividing it up into different lots. Start with a low price, and let the market bid it up.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

your local freecycle group. where are you?

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

Find your local furniture restorer and invite them to view. A friend got a nice surprise from similar when the restorer saw what was on offer.

Reply to
EricP

It's not worth anything these days, just throw it away.

(But let me know where & when)

:-)

Dave

Reply to
david lang

| > It includes various lengths (up to 14 ft) of Ash, English Oak, | > mahogany, iroko, in thicknesses ranging from 1 inch to 4.5 inches, and | > wide boards, as well as various smaller oddments of other varieties of | > timber. A lot of the Ash and Oak was quarter sawn under my | > supervision. | >

| > Does anyone have any ideas where on the Web would be the best place to | > advertise this?

ebay?

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Small pieces for woodturners.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Unless you advertise it locally, make sure you state your location and what arrangements you wish to make about transporting it. If you are willing to send it by post/courier etc. it's worthwhile having some sort of estimate what the cost would be. If you don't do this, you run the risk of someone agreeing to buy it only to be put off when you tell them the "postage" costs or that you expect them to collect.

Shame it's too late for bonfire night :-)

Reply to
Peter Lynch