Looking for 'rubber feet'

I know a subject such as this is going to get 'humorous comments, and consider it put there for those that must.

I have a hardwood rack that currently has 2 cross rails aprox 3" wide by

24" long that rest on the floor. to allow for better stability when on less than perfect floors ... it would make sense to put some rubber feet on the outer edges, so that only the end actually touches the floor ... looking for some rubber (ish) material that has a little give so that it will sit on uneven ground ... but not too soft due to weight of rack.

Ideally something like 3" x 3" squares .. 1/4" or so thick ..... any ideas ?

I tried FleaBay .. loads of stick on feet .. either too small or way too thick.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

cheap rubber floor mat? Tap washers would be a bit thin.

NT

Reply to
NT

Beer mats/coasters; mouse mats; shoe soles/heels etc etc

spamlet

Sliced down rubber doorstops? Not quite the area, but could use two...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Insertion rubber is the stuff to use. You can get it to numerous specifications from your local rubber/plastic merchant.

My local merchant is

is extremely helpful (no connection! (honestly!))

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Lidl / Aldi. Regular packs of stick-on rubber feet, in either felt or a spongy rubber. There are alternatives of course, but these are cheap, cheerful and useful.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The sheds have various pads in felt or "rubber" but not sure they go to 3" x 3". I like the mouse mat idea, fairly firm but soft enough to conform, hold in place with a bit of double sided tape.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for suggestions guys.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Not sure about the rubber, but I've bought a packet of the felt stuff before which included various squares and circles, but also a sheet of around 6"x6" that I could cut down to whatever sizes I needed.

Yeah, that works for me too. Possibly better than the felt if the floor is really uneven.

OP: is this a hardwood floor? If so, watch out for spills of anything - rubber will trap liquid underneath and potentially damage the floor if not noticed (we had that with a rubber mat that we'd put under an exercise machine to stop its plastic feet from slipping on the floor).

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Maplin ? They sell them for going on speaker cabs, I seem to recall ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Followed earlier posts and did a search for insertion rubber - found people selling large rolls of the stuff on eBay... asked one guy if I could buy a small amount and he sent me a a sample big enough for twice what UI need .. and free of charge and postage.

Great help from RP Global

Gotta figure out how to fix it, assuming contact adhesive is the way to go ... got some tins of that.

Reply to
Rick Hughes