[?] Looking for photo albums to hold 6" x 4.5" prints

Hi,

We've been using Photobox to print pictures from our digital camera and the default size that they offer is 6" x 4.5".

Unfortunately, after searching the High Street shops, we've now discovered that this is not a regular UK print size as far as photo albums are concerned. We could, of course, but albums to hold larger prints but, before doing that, I thought I'd ask in this NG to see if anyone knows where, in the UK, we can buy some photo albums designed to hold 6" x 4.5" prints.

Many TIA - Dave.

David C.Chapman - ( snipped-for-privacy@minda.co.uk)

David Chapman

In message , David Chapman writes

Whilst not helping your quest for a suitable album - have you tried the photobooks that Photobox offer - upload your pictures, select the layout, insert the pictures, add captions if you want and in a couple of days you get the finished item all ready bound - and for much the same cost as getting prints done and buying an album and none of the hassle of finding time to insert the pictures in the albums.

See

gets you a 20 page album (extra pages are £1.50) that should give you more than enough room for 60 pictures of varying sizes.

We had a few issues with some pages coming unbound from the albums but a quick call to their customer services got a replacement done.

No connection with Photobox, just a very satisfied customer.

Cheers,

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Sinclair

AIUI this is beacuse of the difference in proportion of film vs digital photography.

6x4 is standard - could you cut 0.25" inch from each side?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Online photo albums recently reviewed in comics:

"Our favourite and winner of the Buy It award was Kodak"

Slatts

Reply to
Sla#s

Arrowfile sell binders and inserts to handle 6x4.5's, code RE8456C (clear). They take 8 photos in an insert (back to back). They do black and white background versions too.

bassoongb

Many thanks to those who have taken the trouble to reply to my posting. Your most useful suggestions were very much appreciated.

ATB - Dave