Looking for a pipe fitting

I have a problem with the waste pipe from my shower. It runs under the floor and is inaccessible. I need a 90 degree bend to come from the waste pipe up out of the floor. The pipe is white PVC type. Due to the diameter of the waste pipe I am having trouble finding a suitable bend. I am looking for the glue type bend to suit pipe OD 38.3 mm (measured with vernier). The ID is approx 30 mm. Alternatively a screw on type bend to suit the diameter. Anyone can advised where I can get something to do the job, or suggest an alternative way. TIA
BIGEYE wrote:

Sounds like 40mm pushfit pipe - which means you need either pushfit or compression, so screwfix 79721 or 35203.
--
Grunff

Thanks for the reply. I tried the 40mm push fit but seems to be quite loose on the pipe, also nothing seems to fit on the other end of the fitting. Will the 40 mm compression fitting squeeze down to fit the pipe?

Just to add, the existing pipe was connected to a waste trap under the floor, but now I will be fitting a new waste trap above the floor as the shower tray is on adjustable risers.

BIGEYE wrote:

Yes, waste compression fittings are very accommodating - it should tighten down fine.
Strange that the pushfit is too loose.
--
Grunff

40mm pushfit and 40mm solvent weld are different pipe sizes. ;-) IIRC, pushfit is the smaller diameter. You need pipe and fittings which go together.
--
Andrew Gabriel

used with both 'push fit' and 'glued' 40mm pipe.
--
Chris Green

This sounds like a standard 32mm fitting. What you might be finding is the internal diameter isn't fitting inside a new compression fitting because the older pipe doesn't allow for the extra width needed to accept the male pipe inside the modern compression fittings. The older compression fittings didn't have the male pipe inside them and the end of the pipe just pressed against the inside of the fitting. You should be able to get a 32mm solvent weld fitting to press on to the pipe with no problems.

All the solvent weld waste pipe I've seen is grey (Terrain etc), not white. White usually uses some form of push on fitting. And these pipes have a different OD. Also, older push on systems weren't necessarily compatible with one another. Not sure if they are these days.
--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Dave Plowman wrote:

You can definitely get solvent weld in white ABS - I have some! e.g. screwfix 19362.
--
Grunff

fred

and PVC and MUPVC.
(The PVC's solvent weld better than ABS in my experience.)
--
Andrew Gabriel

Problem solved. Put short section of pipe in lathe and took a skim off it, then solvent weld onto elbow. Best joint yet.