Loft aerials

Page 3 of 3
Andy Hall wrote:

That is so true....I point about south east towards Sudbury, and fither than sudbury...lies Holland and Belgium, and in cold dry weather, channel 5 (low power anyway) goes all stripey, with signals coming fom Le Continent ....nothing to be done, because they stand behind the signal I want :-(
Except go freeview.digital, which may happen soon, and hope teh S/N ratio is adequate.

Did you try Sandy Heath? I guess that that is only a bit further and would be at 90 degrees to the continental signals?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

No, I can't get Sandy Heath at all. Well I CAN but at much lower signal strength, and channel 5 doesn't work on sandy heath anyway. Cambridge has a repeater at Madingley for it, but that is useless to most of the sandy heath service area. Sudbury is far closer to me. AND its on a hill, and so am I..just over the watershed between the Ouse river and the Orwell/stour river systems on the Stour side.
FM os not so good - Tacolneston is my best bet it seems, and that is a fair old way. Neverthjeless I can get most of what I want - all the BEEB and local radio from there and classic FM.

wanted to watch at any one time. Out of about 30 channels, this is a pretty poor signal/noise ratio :-)

Err, how many channels do you want to watch at one time? Not that I am championing the quality of current TV, you understand, but Freeview gives me perfect Channel 5, *occasional* programs I actually want to watch on BBC3, BBC4, ITV2 (plus 24hr news and parliament when/if you want it). Were I paying monthly I would probably object, but a one off payment of less than the licence fee seems reasonable for the S/N ratio!
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

I *knew* I was leaving myself open for that one. Perhaps I should have said "never more than one, but usually fewer." :-)
Cheers
Neil
On 10 Dec 2003 00:54:31 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the-joneses.org.uk (Neil Jones) wrote:

Perhaps I'm a bit odd, but I'm always happy watching one TV channel at a time ;)
PoP
Neil Jones wrote:

I bought a TIVO, at any moment in time if I wish to watch TV there's always something on that I want to watch, and it becomes commercial free.
--
James...
http://www.jameshart.co.uk /