Loft Access

A mate retired from a ladder company and has started to fit loft ladders as a part time business. He mentioned rebates for fitting hinges and I wondered if he was using the most appropriate type of hinge. I suggested piano hinge might be easy.

Any other suggestions?

Reply to
John

I've always found the time consuming bit of fitting new loft ladders is modifying the hatch from 'lift out' to 'hinged'.

Never thought of piano hinge, can't see why it wouldn't work offhand.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Takes size 4 screws IIRC. I'd rather fix to the face of whatever the door's made from than the edge.

Reply to
stuart noble