Live wire in alcove

While I was having a wall plastered, the plasterer had a shoc

(literally :s) to find that there was a live wire in the alcove whic we have in our middle room.

I want to know how I should go about disabling the live wire in th alcove. Can I disable this wire by disconnecting the wire in my ligh switch? Or do I need to disable it another way.

I hope someone can help

-- Dysanovic

Reply to
Dysanovic

Probably been a wall light in the alcove? you need to take a floorboard up in the room above more or less in the same place. Trace where the wire leads to? no doubt the ceiling pendant in the room below? or you could just cut it back where you find it after lifting the floorboard and put the live end in a junction box under the floorboard.

Remember to turn off the power ;-)

Rip out the wire in the alcove after isolating it from room above.

Reply to
George

Why not terminate the wire with a pendant light fitting with no pendant light? Might not look so neat but it saves taking up floorboards etc. Plus, you might want a light there one day.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL