Liquid damp proof membrane and plasterboarding.

Hi

I've bought some wickes liquid damp proof membrane and wish to know if I can use it with plasterboard adhesive. The instructions say to put 2 coats on and before the second coat dries blind it with sharp sand then cover with wickes universal plaster. It advises not to use cement based plasters. I'm a klutz with the trowel and prefer boarding so my question is, after blinding the second coat would I be able to use plasterboard adhesive and just board up?? Thanks in advance of replies.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Curtis

Well it will hold if that's the question. The sharp sand provides a good binding for the dry lining adhesive. But if you are having to use liquid DPC, can you guarantee no moisture will get to the plasterboard ?

Reply to
G&M