Levelling mixture of wooden and concrete floor

I've just moved into a house that has been extended on the ground floor. The lounge is mainly original wooden floorboards, with the extension floor being concrete.

There is a really obvious lumpy join between the 2 sections that shows through the carpet. There are also noticeable ripples in the carpet over the wooden section caused by the gaps between the boards so I was thinking of 3mm hardboarding the lot before having a new carpet laid.

Hardboarding the wooden floor seems simple enough, but how would I continue this over the concrete section? The difference in height between the 2 sections is already about 3mm, so I would be looking to screed up to that height and then boarding over.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Bod.

Reply to
Ren Hoek

'self levelling' compound. It isn't of course, but you can make it smooth and level with a float and a level.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thanks for the reply.

Are you suggesting that I hardboard up to the concrete section, then use the self-levelling compound?

Reply to
Ren Hoek