leaky gutter problem

The roof guttering (plastic ,black, fitted when the roof was done 7 years ago) leaks from the join. It is a proper, but narrow joining fitting/clip I cleaned it once without success and last year gunged it with unibond roof and gutter sealant, which for reasons I don't understand made it worse. I need to have another go. I bought a wider fitting clip, but I'm not sure whether I can get to the screws under the slates and since I will be two floors up on a ladder I need to think ahead a bit. The other option seemed to be to clean the gunk off the trough and use flashband. There is expansion I suppose, but the total length is 4 m high side and 3 m low side, although I also suspect that the run is not straight and water collects at the join a little. Will I be able to get the gunge off, if so how?

Reply to
Jim S