Laying plywood over chipboard, best way to attch

I have to lay 20 sheets of 6mm plywood over my chipboard floor so I can have Karndean Knight Tile vinyl fitted. What is the best/easiest way to attach the plywood. Karndean recomend attaching every 6 inches which is a lot of screws, would a nail gun be ok or could the nails pull out? Is there some special screw gun I could hire maybe. Thanks

Reply to
sjones

Screws.

You can buy/hire an auto screwdriver

the only collated screws I know of are drywall screws, which won't be suitable for this purpose.

A decent drill/driver will make light work of this - that's all you really need.

Reply to
Grunff

The message from Grunff contains these words:

It won't even take that long. Say 6" on 18" centres, that's only 50ish screws per board - if you're methodical you can probably do ten screws a minute, five minutes per board - say a couple of hours to allow for thingness.

Reply to
Guy King

I did my bathroom, 6mm ply fixed to pine t&g with small brass csk screws at

6inch centres approx, it was tedious but well worth it, filled heads of screws with flex filler.I laid some foambacked vinyl over it, has lasted 2yrs so far no problems. Good luck Donwill
Reply to
Donwill

Sounds it.

I did 3/4 csk Zinc plated screws over the area at around 8" centres (same 6mm ply fixed to pine t&g). Then went over again where it was still 'bouncy'.

2+ years. Still down

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to