Latex emulsion still available?

Ceilings in my house seem prone to hairline cracks. Would latex emulsion be a good way to stop these reappearing? Is it still available? Do any of the major DIY chains sell it?
Thanks,
Frank

Yes. It's sold specifically for cracked ceilings and there is more than one brand. I bought some recently at B&Q warehouse.
W.