Laminate Flooring Wasteage

How much extra in percentage terms should be allowed for wasteage when ordering laminate flooring . Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Depends on the shape of the room. If it's a rectangle, then wasteage is minimal - maybe a couple of planks max. If it's an odd shape, then it's very variable, and could be as much as 10%.

Reply to
Grunff

It doesn't work that way.

What you do, is calculate it by the plank.

As you lay, there is no wastage, since the offcut from the previous row starts the next. Or better from the row before last.

What IS wasted is rows that have to be ripped down the middle at the last edge(s) you lay.

What I did on advice, was to calculate how many rows I needed, and round up to two more than that, to allow for a half plank at each end since I started in the middle, then multiply that by the room width to get linear meters, and round up to the next pack.

I ended up with less than half a board of useable material left. And a few scraps.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher