Kitchens units over electric UFH

Is it ok to put a kitchen unit with a normal plinth over a tiled floor with electric UFH? My concern is overheating the UFH wires.

The situation is an existing kitchen with UFH avoiding the units. The table has now moved into the extension, and we want to put a couple more units in.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

Rang up the supplier, and they said it should be fine with a plinth vent, though they couldn't give a figure for how much ventilation would be required when asked.

Reply to
Ben Blaukopf

I don't know, but I would expect electric UFH to be self-regulating cable (at least some certainly is), so if a section has extra insulation, it cannot overheat.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

I see that some now is - however given the dire warnings in the installation manual for this system about ensuring a minimum separation between cables, or air gaps in the adhesive/screed covering the cables, I doubt it's self-regulating.

Found this diagram for it - looks bog standard -

Ben Blaukopf