Killing and preventing moss?

I'm still trying to solve the problem of weeds and moss growing in the sand-gaps on our brick-paved drive. After advice here I decided against spraying with a sealant, because of its appearance and its temporary effect. I spent a day scraping out most of it and then, after drying, sweeping in new sand.

Is there perhaps some chemical I can sweep in over the sand which will kill at least the MOSS? (The weeds and grass are sparse, and relatively easy to remove manually.)

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Have a look here

used their products on roof and paths and worked OK.

--=20 David: NorthWest England

Reply to
David

iron sulphate will kill the moss

JimK

Reply to
JimK

used it, but Tommy Walsh has put his name to it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

and stain paved areas (and carpets when brought in on shoes).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

really? i mention as it's often used in lawn feed n weed products - i obviously haven't read the destructions! but not had a problem either (yet)...

Jim

Reply to
JimK

Thanks, I'd like to try it but I see it's not yet available here: "Tommy Walsh?s Dansand® would be available in the UK Retail by the 1th February 2010."

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Thanks, I'll try it. Does it matter what time of year you apply this sort of stuff?

-- Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Reply to
Terry Pinnell