Karcher pressure washer fault (motor?)

I've got a Karcher 330 pressure washer which is a few years old but had little use. I was using it today and after a few mins it lost water pressure and I noticed the sound of the motor went quieter for a few seconds before stopping altogether. It had blown a fuse in the 10amp extension I was using. I changed the fuse and tried again but immediately I switched on it sounded like the motor was struggling to work and I noticed a burning smell from the back of the Karcher vents. Needless to say I swiftly unplugged everything and left well alone. Does it sound like the motor has gone kaput? or any other common problems with this model?

Reply to
redwood

Jammed pump and stalled motor. Check the pump

Reply to
Who?

Either motor, or pump jammed, which took out hte motor.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

If it has a universal motor, it could well have a very short life; 12 - 20 total working hours is not uncommon. Is the machine very light in weight and noisy in a high pitched way, or heavy & quiet?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman