joining meter tails

Is there something in the regs about Dyslexic electricians ???

Reply to
Staffbull

Hi Don't you have to be part "P" qualified or get the council to send somebody with part "P" regs round - at least I had to do that. Key

Reply to
Keymaster

I'd have thought the ability to read and write was fairly essential for an electrician to become qualified but you have it your way.

I have a mate who sells cheap fire extinguishers. Let me know when you intend to start your installation.

He also sells special glasses with different coloured lenses so when you get the wires the wrong way around, rather than undo it all you just put the glasses on and the colour go in the right place.

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

and the colour go in the right

Are you missing a word there or am I being pedantic !!!!!

Reply to
Staffbull

Yep but it's up to them if they require it testing they either do it, or get someone to do it for them, at no charge to me however :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

check the statement at the bottom of part P document page 11 :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

No doubt you have all your certifcates ready to show the nice man?

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

The certificates are required by the tester not me, so the "nice man" sorts it out :-)

Reply to
Staffbull

Go on then, tell us about balancing. And how you're going to test it all. Before whatever checks the BCO gets done.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Don't forget to include details of the bits that don't comply with

16th.

(Which I should think is all of it!)

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

you want to stop smoking that weed!! before you sprout on about regulations, do you not think!! at least I wount be stoned when I do the wiring.........

From: Just Another Cannabis Fan - view profile Date: Wed, Sep 20 2006 2:06 pm Email: "Just Another Cannabis Fan" Groups: rec.drugs.cannabis Not yet ratedRating: show options Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

Edo wrote:

Willie Nelson?? Why, that's CRAZY!

Reply to
Staffbull

We can use the flames from your dodgy ol' wiring to light up with eh?

Just Another Residents Fan

???

NOT !!!

Reply to
Staffbull

Be even more embarrassing if you ask the "nice man" for *his* certificates before allowing him to look at your wiring (health and safety, you know) and he hasn't got any. :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

LOL - I should think that whoever told you that you are an electrician is suffering from a bit more than a drug induced stupor!

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

Are we getting around to bribery?

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

I'm not an electrician and have never said I am, I'm not a builder either but the extension is up and passed all inspections along the way. one of the hardest things was to understand the bracing plan for the roof trusses, but with help I got there!! electrics are the next stage, plasetering will be beyond me so I'll get a plasterer.

Reply to
Staffbull

Ah I think I get what you are saying.... It's a terrorist plot.

You are also going to install the gas piping?

As the gas filled house explodes when the leccy catches light, the bricks that you never cemented in place fly through the air killing thousands?

Reply to
Just Another Residents Fan

You don't - contact your supplier and ask to have an isolator switch fitted.

Wonder why (without reading the whole thread) none of the original respondents suggested it...

Reply to
Colin Wilson