Isolators for bath taps?

I have loads of the 1/4 turn in-line 15mm isolators that I was going to fit to all the taps etc as i'm re-plumbing the bathroom, however looking at one they seem to narrow from the 15mm of the pipe to 10mm or so where the ball valve is.

So would it be a bad idea to fit these to the bath taps since they may slow down the filling of a bath? I have a gravity fed HW system but am looking in 1 or 2 years to upgrade to a combi-boiler which I believe runs off mains pressure.

Reply to
405 TD Estate

Buy full bore valves like these or it's 22mm equivalent for the bath

having said that I have these as well and they work fine but where I stay there is loads of water gushing through the pipes .

NOSPAMnet

They'll slow down a 15mm low pressure feed too - best to use full bore ones of the correct size for the pipe.

Many would call that a downgrade.

Th

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The reduced bore may well slow down the filling of the bath - but that will be a good thing as it will prepare your the family for the even slower filling you will get when you do your combi downgrade.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Are they really that bad? I rarely use the bath neither does my girlfriend so would this be a good choice for CH / showers, wahsing up and to save money since my boiler is 10-20yr old I guess the efficiency is around 60% and a new one upto 95%?

RE the taps I also had bought 15mm flexi connectors that go to the bath tap size fitting and used that as well as the isolators - flow from the tap seems adequate but certainly not fast - the water's not gushing out though don't know how long it would take to fill the bath? The supply pipe is only 15mm as well which I guess may not be ideal...

Reply to
405 TD Estate