Is this it??

Hi all,
I ordered a 25mm plastic to 15mm copper converter from screwfix
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?tsE092&id 638
will this actually do the job? it looks like it would fall out if it were knocked or under pressure. Do I simply put the ends into the pipes and leave it at that??
Cheers Mike

leave
Mike,
Yes that's the thing - there are 'o' rings inside to make the seal, and stainless steel retaining barb things to (hopefully) stop it comming off.
Don't forget that you should have an insert pressed inside the mdpe pipe to stop it crushing.
Andrew Mawson

leave
Can't really see what it is - but I suspect that it is an *adaptor* as opposed to *fitting* - and that it has male bits both ends, intended to take an MDPE fitting one end and a pushfit or compression fitting the other end.
Screwfix's range of MDPE fittings is rather limited compared with what you can get at your local plumbers merchant. If, as I suspect, you want to join a piece of MDPE pipe end to end with a piece of copper pipe, you can get proper fittings to do this. What you have, almost certainly isn't it!
Roger

It looks like a convertor which is placed inside any of http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/cat.jsp?cId 1312&tsI612 They will do he job, but if it is just for an outside tap, it is better to buy a 25mm plastic tap.

Yup, it's def just a fitting adaptor. Push onto the copper to make it look like an MDPE pipe to the fitting, then screw up as normal. I have seen others makes that look a bit more secure tho :-(
--
fred

I've used one of these and they are very reliable - the adaptor needs to be inserted into one of the compression fittings such as the MDPE coupler ( disregarding the insert that is in the fitting for the MDPE pipe ) and then the 15mm into the end of the copper adaptor that you already have and tighten the lot up
Your MDPE then goes into the other end of the fitting (don't for get your pipe insert AKA pipe stiffener) tighten up and away you go hope this helps !

were
leave
like