Is it worth having a microwave oven repaired?

Brilliant for many vegetables that you'd normally steam. And less washing up. One other use is heating milk for a hot drink - if you like that sort of thing. No pan to clean as you do it in the mug.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I got one of those George Forman grill thingies for Xmas. Great for bacon, as much easier to clean than a grill pan. Heats up quicker than my electric grill too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

When our kids were little, we had a little hand-operated food mill. We fed them whatever we were having, suitably pulverised. It was a very simple contraption, easy to take apart and clean. It handled tiny quantities much more easily than a blender or liquidiser, and was small enough to carry with us when we were out and about.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

"Mary Fisher" wrote | I reckon it would take 15 minutes to fill the bath,

Was your house plumbed by IMM?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I'm sure that was very funny.

What's a McArdle?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We didn't go out and about :-(

And I didn't know of the existence of a food mill, it sounds good. My godmother bought us the mixer, bless her.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

We had to - the kids came to work with us. We took them with us to trade fairs, too.

Sheila

Reply to
S Viemeister

You snipped!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

There's a reason I want my baths to fill in 2 minutes. 15 minutes is a luxury. 10 minutes is more likely.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

It used to be like that here when the children were all at home. I'd forgotton.

I'll appreciate my wallows even more, thank you!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I don't know much about it - it's a "Micro-Kiln 9" by LVR products, but it's a few years old and I don't know where it came from or if they're still around.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

metal too:

bigcat

I'm glad I bothered to read this thread. It could be the nswer to several problems!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher