Iron-on clothes repair?

Andy Hall wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ouch, reminds me of the corporal's line when it was time for jabs in National Service.

And I didn't work out what WTF he meant till MUCH later!

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Jim White wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@aqus02.dsl.pipex.com:

Must have been an early one like "Guards, guards".... I must revisit the canon, I got many belly laughs out of the early ones

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Thanks, Colin, but I'm just north of East Grinstead and my back garden backs onto Surrey, so Littlehampton is a fair trek!

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Thanks, Bob, we may try that.

Actually, I suspect I'm never destined to wear these particular trousers. My wife bought them impulsively from Rohan's new Tunbridge Wells' store, while shopping for herself recently. Labeled 34" waist (my size) they were way oversize, measuring over 36". Made a special trip to exchange them, but another 34" was still a bit over-generous, so I optimistically swapped for 32". But anyway, they are 'regular' length, which means about 33" rather than my 30". It was in the early stages of removing the excess 3" that my wife had the minor accident!

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Didn't they give you the free packet of Wundaweb to turn them up? They usually do..

TW is much less convenient (for me) than the old Bluewater store...easier to use the Covent Garden one now!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Probably, but I bet it would affect my no-claims discount enough to make it a net loss!

Reply to
Terry Pinnell