Internal rendering - Mix?

I need to render the back and sides of the hearth (concrete block) containing a wood burning stove. I have been advised that plaster will crack. Help please on: PVA bonding coat Y/N Suggested mix and type of sand The final finish will be white emulsion or masonry paint or ? - What does anyone recommend as the paint - there will be 80mm gap at the rear of the stove and 200mm at the sides.

Thanks

PeterK

Reply to
PeterK

If your going to paint it? why not just get a nice textured finish on the cement rather than plaster over it.

Reply to
ben

Something with a bit of lime in it, I believe is good for high temperature areas. Not sure that PVA is necessary - others may know better. Try 1:1:6 lime:cement:sharp sand. Not sure about the paint. If in doubt you could try limewash as you will be using lime anyway....

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece