Illegal house extension demolished

Page 5 of 5

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39190000/jpg/_39190458_extension203.jpg
Aren't there any better photos/plans/sketches than this?
Despite what is being claimed, this 'structure' might not actually have required any building regs or planning approval. -- nss
By the sound of things this 'illegal structure' had to actually be demolished, unlike some 'legal structures' which seemed to fall-down of their own accord!
It remains to be seen, I suspect, whether or not, this so-called 'illegal structure' was actually illegal or not. I suspect that it was perfectly legal. -- nss
On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:08:46 GMT, nss wrote

There's a better one on the Shropshire Star paper's website for pictures to buy -- I don't know if this will link, but if not you can reach it by searching on "Nseowo" on www.shropshirestarpix.com:
http://www.shropshirestarpix.com/picture_detail.php?pidH20&pager=1&ke yword
--
Cheers, Harvey

snip

ADDENDUM.
If the 'structure' or 'construction' was in any way 'unsafe' as claimed, the HSE would have undoubtedly been on the case.
Wouldn't they? -- nss
Not for a domestic exension, no. Or was a business being run there?
dg

Without a doubt old chap. -- nss

Only, perhaps, if they had been notified ......... -- nss
Thanks. I'll try HSE.
Geoff

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 11:31:25 +0100, "GB"

I had problems with an attic conversion built by a previous owner of my 1st floor flat. The local building control (Scotland) were very much concerned with fire regs - it cost a fortune to fix to their satisfaction when I was selling! Phone building control and explain the situation - they don't bite.