Ikea cooker hood

Went to look at a job today to fit a couple of new doors

whilst there client said extractor hood had not worked since moved into the house

Its an Ikea Hoo 411s made by whirlpool

Took filter panels out of hood but could see no wiring to the hood, the only cable visible being the one from the fan housing to the controls on the front.

Anyone know where the mains connection should be on this model?

Could not see how the fan came out either

The charcoal filter casings to the fan and internal panels of the hood were absolutely pristine

There was no outside vent even though it was on an external wall with easy access from the outside

Some one had cut holes into each side of the stainless chimney and siliconed in mesh panels presumably to use as a recirculating system

Incidentally I could find no external isolator or fused spur box anywhere in the area either and assume that one would be required for Part P

They also have living flame gas fire which has a gas pipe to it but no gas at the fire there is no evidence of a stop tap and the pipe is exposed until it goes through the ceiling The old iron gas pipe I guess for an gas fire is used for most of the visible length and there is a disconnected iron pipe in the meter cupboard and a capped off tee on the copper pipe for the gas supply to the boiler

Regards

Confused of Leicester

Reply to
TMC

Sound to me like you have already spotted the reason(s)!

Reply to
newshound