I wonder what urgent fixes will be requested on here tomorrow after the storms tonight.

Hope no-one suffers too much.

Came home from work about 21:15 tonight and there was a length of plastic cladding ( about 15 feet ) on the drive secured under the wheely bin to stop it flying about.

My neighbour knocked on the door and presented it to the Mrs whilst I was at work.

It was from the eaves over the garage.

Luckily no damage done elsewhere by it being dislodged.

Not keen to go up ladders in this wind though.

I inspected the eves and noticed another length ( not above the garage ) was now unattached at one end.

So I need some long ladders very soon. The ones I have are not long enough for that area.

As DIYers we'd get bored if there weren't these jobs to do WOULDN'T WE?

Reply to
Booty

So far, not sounding any windier tonight than last night, from the flood plains there's obviously been much more rain elsewhere too.

Reply to
Andy Burns

At 11.30 one of my fence panels pissed off. Dunno where it is, it has cleared the next door neighbours garden.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Luverly Jubbly! Already had my first 'fence panel' job come in!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Can I point out that the fence panel that has gone is not one that I installed.

All the posts and panels I installed are fine.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

So someone stole the good one then?

Reply to
dennis

Last night wasn't particulary windy here either F4 to F5, that is at the top end of the normal range. The westerly direction isn't the best for exposure on the anemometer but the noise level was about right for that strength wind.

The night before was a bit different briefly got to F9 with gusts to the mid 50's mph. Bad is F8 or above for > 6hrs, the noise of it roaring in the chimneys and generally around the house gets a bit wearing after 6hrs...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yes it tested Messers EDF's electrical distribution network which was found to be lacking, and in need of some maintenance and attention;!...

Reply to
tony sayer

Our local weather station at Wilsden (Bingley to the BBC) apparently reported gusts reaching 62 mph. The weather station in my garden some 2 miles away and some 2-300 feet lower (535 feet ASL here) didn't manage more that 47 mph.

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Just an update.

I was out this afternoon starting to chop up a large windfall which came down overnight when I noticed two figures several hundred yards further up the hillside. The were struggling (in the still quite strong wind) with the base of a large trampoline which the wind had carried the best part of a quarter of a mile from its usual position in a garden.

Reply to
Roger Chapman