i've been a good boy!

Santa has been good to me this year!

Apart from the socks, smellies, books, litre of Scotch I got a Dremmel with lots of bits. Not much time to play, but it seems a very useful bit of kit. Cut off wheels very useful for chopping off the tongue on a night latch, trimming the bolts on a letterbox and it appears to have a 'rotozip' type adaptor & bits so I can cut holes in kitchen unit carcases.

I can also sharpen stuff with it, so it's going to be a real help.

Eldest daughter got me a B&Q McAllister Power Tape rule. Love her to bits so I enthused about it.

I'm a little dubious. It extends at 25cm/second but after about 2.5m the blade buckles & drops.

I reckon it will be a help doing decking & maybe laminate flooring, but I can't help thinking it's a solution to a problem that didn't exist?

It returns at 30cm/second - which is a whole lot slower than the blade release - which doesn't use battery power.

Technology gone mad?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Hmmm... maybe they'll bring out an updated one with a laser pointer in, so you know which direction to point it before pressing the eject button.

Maybe you can rig it to a remote control and use it for some magic purpose.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

[...]

Haven't seen on in the flesh, but saw it advertised on telly a few weeks back and have to say my reaction was "why"?!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Nip out to aldi and get some more boxes of the (dremel type) accessories, they are great value at 3.99

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Because it's there or they can....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Also very good for cutting through the neck of beer and wine bottles, as if that would be any use to anyone!

Reply to
deckertim

I did

I did