I'm going to outsource my shed

I was thinking of Manila. Sorry, Dairycrest, who run the local milk round hereabouts have without any consultation closed their local depots offices which one could ring and get bread or ask why things had not arrived etc, and engaged a nice local alternative.. In the Philippines. Now I'd suggest that the local knowledge of the local staff is not in fact transferred to a lady in Manila and this seems indeed to be the case on my first encounter this morning at asking why my bread has not arrived. Sir you do not have an account with us. Now I know that all these years of milk and bread delivery have obviously been a figment of my imagination then... grrr. Save us from corporate Value added service improvements. So I'm thinking I might see if I can have a shed over there and I can communicate with it over the internet perhaps... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Had other stuff arrived? Keep stum from now on, if you don't have an account they won't know they are delivering or if try to do the right thing and pay they won't be able to accept your payment as you don't have an account...

Though I guess all the payment etc is done by cash direct with the milky?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Can you not use Milk & More...

how our milkman works now - was previously Unigate, then Dairycrest, now independant - but all worked the same way. You can order stuff until late the previous day and the service has been totally reliable - so far!

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

A bit naughty, but something similar "worked" for me for about 6 years.

When I moved here I went to shop1 and ordered weekend papers, they asked I wanted to pay there, or at shop2 which is closer to me, I hadn't realised that shop2 was related so said paying at shop2 would be better, the papers started arriving, but never any payment reminders pinned to them, I went to shop2 offered to pay, they said, "oh you probably need to pay at shop1", so I went to shop1 they said "oh you probably need to pay at shop2"

Eventually the shops changed ownership, and the papers stopped arriving.

Reply to
Andy Burns

A few years ago, I had the company that hosted my e-commerce web site optimise it. From the name and accent of the woman I was dealing with, I assumed this had been outsourced to Mumbai or similar. Months later, when I phoned their office in Scotland, the chap who took the call handed the phone he was holding over to the lady concerned.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I called BTs offshore CS people last week, attempting to pay for my line rental for the year - they informed me that they couldn't take my payment, as I only had broadband with them. Odd, as I've had this BT phone number since 1997, and the billing information for it is easily seen when I log in to my account...

Reply to
S Viemeister

Yes, well yes they delivered the milk. Its doing my brain in, I cannot even remember which country Manila is in now. I'm obviously quite mad now..

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well nothing surprises me about BT They have always been in a mess. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Envelopia I think...

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Actually, the idea is quite appealing in a way.

I could post all my junk treasures to the other side of the world, someone could arrange them nicely in display cabinettes, and I could look at them from time to time on CCTV.

Would save an awful lot of space, and dusting.

I would just need some assurance that I was looking at my actual junk treasures and not a recording of it and the real things had been sold on manilabay.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Are you absolutely sure they didn't say "The ice cream is vanilla"?

Reply to
Graham.

might get you into trouble with the Child Protection Act.

See above.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , Brian Gaff writes

You've been envelopped

Reply to
geoff

More likely to get reported to the Telephone Preference Service.

They'll investigate me for preferring 782s

Owain

Reply to
Owain