I cut my own hair - my shower drain is blocked. How to unblock?

My hair is very thick . It grows very fast. I have to get it cut every

3-4 weeks...

I got a gizmo from Argos - about =A325-30 - Remington home haircut thing with ceramic blades.

Incredibly

- fast

- easy

- convenient

- saves time (travelling to barbers)

You put an attachment on the blade (depending on how long you want the hair) - I choose the longest attachment (i like having longish hair)

But it is messy. I have hair all over my bathroom floor and I think my shower drain is blocked (not totally blocked) but the water doesn't go down as fast (anyone know how I can unblock it? should i just get a plunger?)

Reply to
chris.homer
3-4 weeks...

I got a gizmo from Argos - about £25-30 - Remington home haircut thing with ceramic blades.

Incredibly

- fast

- easy

- convenient

- saves time (travelling to barbers)

Trust me dude hair cutting is just something you shouldn't DIY ;-)

HLAH

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

spammy stuff snipped

Strong sulphuric acid or HCl, aka brick acid.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Yes I do mine but there's not a lot of it. I still run the razor (actually a beard trimmer) over all the baldy bits cos if I don't it still feels unfinished. It's like "phantom hair" - gorwing ever thicker into a great uncontrollable but invisible tangle. Shower; to unbung sually you can lift off and pull out the drain bit or bits, might need a twist also. Mines in 2 bits - a cover and an inner bit which you have to twist and hook out. cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

On 4 Jul 2006 03:50:33 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com had this to say:

Caustic soda would be much more effective on organic stuff such as hair.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

God no don't do that you could have major probs! Caustic soda would do as a last resort but follow the instructions carefully.

Reply to
normanwisdom

why? neither attacks plastic plumbing afaik

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"Mary Fisher" typed

So do I...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

The message from "HLAH" contains these words:

Balls. Just how much skill does it take to run a cutter set at 1mm all over a head?

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King typed

Or even to wield a pair of scissors parallel to the floor at the nipple line...

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

What consenting adults get up to in the home is their business, but is it DIY?

As for having the words "balls" and "run a cutter set at 1mm over" in the same sentence, oooo nasty!

Reply to
Bob Mannix

It's a tough call. Caustic takes the fats out, which helps loosen, but hair itself is remarkably resistant to caustic.

A strong dose of both, one after the other, is probably the best approach.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Acid can make a mockery of chrome though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was just as worried about Helen's nipples!

cheers Jacob

Reply to
normanwisdom

If you think that's nasty, you obviously haven't experienced a BC&S[x] wax....

Dave H. (The engineer formerly known as Homeless)

[x] - Back, Crack & Sack...
Reply to
Dave H.

The message from "normanwisdom" contains these words:

I can't say they've ever kept me awake at night.

Reply to
Guy King

Guy King typed

You would say that, wouldn't you?

Reply to
Helen Deborah Vecht

The message from Helen Deborah Vecht contains these words:

Only 'cos The Squid was watching over my shoulder.

Reply to
Guy King