How to stop mice getting up a pole?

But I could try something like that on the top narrow arm on which the feeder is hung. Mmmm...

(I'd love to see them have a hissy fit, having climbed all the way up and found the last leg blocked!)

Reply to
Maurice

You need to try the Turn Unfriendly Neighbouring Agent system.

The T.U.N.A. system is very effective at turning unfriendly agents into friendly agents and can sometimes turn them into double agents. This can lead you to acquiring a Peripatetic Expanded Territory Charismatic Autonomous Terminator by covert means.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Which is where the 240v mains connection to insulated copper rings about 6 inches apart comes in handy. Best to connect it direct to the non RCD protected side of the consumer unit though.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Trouble is it would likely get snaffled by the voracious Malevolent Inconsiderate Clever Evildoers before the C.A.T. happened to wander along!

However, perhaps that would make the buggers so overweight they would no longer be up to climbing the post. so will note that as Plan 'x'.

Reply to
Maurice

+1 Jonathan
Reply to
Jonathan

Have now tried that (expensive stuff!).

Mickey still got up the post...

Reply to
Maurice

A polecat is required.

Reply to
Onetap

Just put the food on the ground and the mice wont need to climb the pole and the black birds might visit.

Reply to
dennis

They are but I adapted one with a hole saw to fit a 28mm copper pole. You could potentialy get a 3" holesaw and do similar.

Ours has been in place for many years and so far the plastic has not yet been chewed, however our squirrels are relatively well behaved.

Reply to
rbel

Presumably on account the survivors of the clay pidgeon launch experiments managed to impress on their progeny "Not to mess with man made contraptions". GIYF :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good

Have now tried that (expensive stuff!).

Mickey still got up the post...

Tenacious little b'stards.............. Only one thing left to do... wrap rope around the pole with 2 strands of copper wire an inch apart on it and attach to electric fence machine

Reply to
Nthkentman

Sack him and employ a Romanian to hold the bird feeders instead :p

Reply to
Gazz

Asked local h/w shop if they had any 'Anti-Climb Paint'. They said 'No, but we've got Burglar Paint'. So bought a small can yesterday and plastered some on the lamp post stem. 24 hours later we see Mickey lying in the bird feeder, so must have found another way up.

I suspect he's jumping from a nearby bush branch (which is what they leap down onto when disturbed in feeder), but so far I've not been allowed to prune that off, so I'm waiting for a sighting of Mickey on the way up for final proof...

Reply to
Maurice