How to remove paint stains from concrete paving slabs?

Hi there,

This is my first post to this group so be gentle :)

I painted the outside wall of my house yesterday, using Sandtex Ultra Smooth Microseal. It rained heavily last night, I'm in Scotland, despite the weather report of clear skies. When I woke up this morning the paint had run, despite the average drying time of four hours, and spread with a milk like consistency over the concrete paving slabs of my patio.

My question is: how can I remove the paint from the concrete paving slabs and restore them to there original council house "goodness"?

Cheers

Lord0

Reply to
Lord0

Was it more than 4 hours before the rain started? If it was ring the number on the can and tell them you want some help. (Or even if it wasn't, they should be able to advise you. If it was you might be able to talk them into adice and free paint.)

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Water, stiff brush and sand. Scour it off by scrubbing with the brush and wet sand, rinse off and repeat as many times as neccecary.

Reply to
Phil L

Try using a pressure washer. The paint should be quite soft if you get in quick. Even 48 hours.

Mind you, you might have to pressure wash the rest of the paving :-(

Hire, borrow or buy one and see what you can do.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for the replies guys - as I suspected there is no silver bullet solution :(

Reply to
Lord0