How to fix a shower arm

I've bought a shower arm which will be fed from the other side of the wall. ie., the idea is that it will just stick out from the wall over the shower tray with no visible pipes.

Problem is, I don't know how to fix it as there is no bracket, just a screw thread on the wall end for joining to the feed pipe.

Any help appreciated.

mark

Reply to
Mark

I always use a wall plate elbow screwed into timber in the wall:

auctions

of back plate made in chrome that the pipe fits in to or through....something like this but with the water entry coming in from the back rather than below as in this item .

Stuart B

This is the shower arm. The cover plate at the wall end is just a tinny cover.

mark

Mark

Ah . I see. So something like someone else suggested

well do as it will be hidden in or behind the wall

the wall

Reply to
Stuart B

wall directly in front of it (larger than the arm, smaller than the cover) and after tiling screw the arm into the elbow. If the distances don't work out, you can use

(without the nut and olive) to extend.

It's quite hard to get a perfect seal with PTFE tape, as if you screw the arm in too far and have to unscrew it even a fraction, it can start to leak, so I tend to use

auctions

for the feedback guys. I'll do it with a backplate elbow with long screws.

mark

Reply to
Mark

We all need one or two of them from time to time !!!!! :-)

Reply to
Stuart B