How to fit new cable for ryobi planer

Took out plenty of screws, still no joy The cable has broken just as it leaves the rubberised collar. Model EPN-7582N Thank you for any replies

Reply to
richard

May be worth doing a web search as people do post "How To" repairs

If you've really removed all the screws, it is possible that the two halves of the casing are also held together by little ridges on one part sitting in mating grooves. It's sometimes worth inserting a thin screwdriver or other suitable tool into the joint and levering. Also, by spotting where there's no movement you may realise there is another screw, perhaps concealed by a plastic plug.

Reply to
newshound

... or a safety label. How often is it that manufacturers deliberately use labels to cover screws.

Reply to
robgraham

If someone like Miles Tools (great for Bosch & B&D spares) sell that maker, they have exploded diagrams on the web and these can be very useful.

I've also had Ryobi advice and spares from my lawn mower dealer. They have an enormous Ryobi parts catalogue, mainly for strimmers, but they can source bits for the workshop tools too.

IMHE, Ryobi is held together with a mix of screws and plastic barbs too. You will need to pull the screws, prise gently at the case, then poke inwards at the places where it seems to be held.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Hi , had all visible screws out, and much prising with driver , no joy as yet.Called ryobi helpline.endlessly engaged.Sent an eamil with the problem yesterday, no reply as yet.

I'll get at it eventually. Funny my jigsaw just neds 4 screws out and then you can get at the switch and cable connections. When I get answer will post back.unless someone gets here first. Thank you for replies

Reply to
richard

Seems to be a good exploded diagram here:-

Geo