How to drill 32 mm hole in wall ?

Hi all,
I wish to put a hole for a 32mm plastic waste pipe in an internal brick wall.
What is the best tool ? Drill then Chisel ? Or is it worth a trip to a hire shop ? any gotchas to be aware of ?
Thanks in advance
Jethro wrote:

If you've got/can borrow a hammer drill, get a "bullet" type 6mm TCT masonry drill, and drill a ring of holes around where you want to put the pipe through. They should be close together, and the ring of holes should be bigger than "necessary", e.g. 50mm in diameter. The core in the centre will come out quite easily with a chisel.
It's not worth a trip to the "hire shop".
Don't just welly a great big chisel or drill bit through, you may damage the wall around the intended hole, e.g. by pushing bricks out.
In this news forum, Jerry Built exclaimed to the world in his special way:

I suspect you'd make a mess with a hole only 32mm in diameter by using masonry bits to hammer-drill a ring of holes. You'd have to be careful keeping each bit lined up squarely to the wall so that you don't wonder off line as you plough through the wall and come out the other side at odd angles. You could end up with a bugle shaped or misshaped hole.
If it were me I'd get a proper masonry hole cutter bit (a steel tube with teeth on it) to the size you want. You can buy them in kit form of various sizes too. Maybe a worthy long term investment. Failing that I'd hire/borrow one for an hour or so and do the job professionally and properly. You'll have a perfect round hole finished properly this way.
~Carl

I never thought of this solution ...
I don't know about "bullet" bits, but I have got a selection of 8" masonry drills , up to about 10mm ...
it's only a single brick thick, so I feel confident about the "ring of holes" ... starting off with a 3mm drill and working up to the longer ones to go through the wall, and then a little work with a chisel.
It'll take time, but it's only one hole. If it was loads, I would consider the hire option, but an extrat 30 minutes or so seems a fair trade off to save upwards of 20 squid ...
Thank you all for your advice ...

For one hole, I'd remove half a brick by drilling and chiselling. Then make good with mortar.
--
*I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

Carl wrote:

That's why you make an oversized hole. It *will* be slightly irregular inside. It's a quick, cheap, easy, comparatively neat way of making a hole!
J.B.

with something like this
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&categoryA504&item%87048965

Using a core drill. I used a cheap Nu-Tool SDS drill and the low duty bits from screwfix.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 150&id861 http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 150&id752 http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 150&id534
Any hire shop will supply a professional quality version of the above.
Christian.