how to do ridge when bargeboard on only one side ?

My single-storey extension is to meet with a party wall and I will have to link in my roof with the ridge line, where monopitch ridge tiles will be replaced with normal half-round tiles. But, the roof next door has no bargeboards, just tiles flush with walls and sealed with cement. I want projecting tiles and bargeboard on my side of the roof. But this leaves part of a ridge tile with nowhere to go on the neigbour's side. I can imagine boxing in the bargeboard at the top end a bit like you do at at the eves, but what would be an acceptable way of making the end near the ridge strucurally OK, and water-tight ? TIA, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

If you can see both bits at the same time, you probably be better leaving them the same design. You may find this is the sort of detail that the planners make your life hell with.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

I don't need planning permission ! I can make it look anyway I feel like, as long as it satisfies building regs. I've decided how I could do it anyway, I think, but any idea\s still welcome. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson