How to clean a loft

Generally no, but at 4am today when he woke me up because he fancied a snack, maybe.... D

Reply to
David

Here here! (One's just destroyed several new plants that I bought at the weekend).

Reply to
Mark

I recently helped my 75 y/o mother move from a 3 bed house to a 1 bed apartment. We threw out over 100 bin bags full of junk.

Reply to
Huge

Reply to
Ian_m

Huge coughed up some electrons that declared:

26 cubic yards worth of skips for a house clearance I just did, after ebaying, freecycle, offering around and keeping the good (solid, needs restoring) furniture. That included garden and shed clearance. About 1-2 cu yards worth was nicked out of the skips in total, so I wasn't chucking much of value. Even the local old-boy-professional-scavenger was disappointed with the quality of what I was chucking.

Landlord's got the window fitter around, so I'm going to purge my house into his skip when he's finished filling it.

Amazing the crap that accumulates in a house...

Good job I've got a trussed roof with no boarding, or that would be full of crap too...

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

any recommendation advice on types of industrial sized vacuum s to hire please...

Reply to
George (dicegeorge)

Agreed, when we did the parents loft we hired a big vacuum. Well worth it but if you have a lath and plaster ceiling be careful with the nozzle it'll suck itself down quite hard and you'll knock the knibs off and they'll disappear, even only vaguely loose bits may disappear...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thank you for posting this blog. Keep on sharing.

Reply to
LoftandInsulation

Unlucky 13. another ancient post has reappeared 13 years after it was done and dusted, just like the original loft.

Reply to
Andrew

Well it will need doing again after that time. I have an easy solution. I don't go up there unless I need to let in a tradesman like a plumber!

Never see the muck then. The loft is very ventilated since its not been lined and there are horizontal gaps between the tiles. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa