How do you get rid of Moss

permanently?

Last summer I got the Pressure washer on the backyard and it was thorouhly clean and devoid of moss,or so i though it was. Anyway the cold spell and rain season brought it all back and is twice as much as it was before the cleanup so if this summer I cleaned it again and scrubbed it would a coat of red brick(floor) paint stop it from appearing again?

Your everloving George

Reply to
George

You don't, moss is a plant just like any other and it grows wherever it can. This aside, I'm sure you mean algy.

IME, jetwashing does nothing to remove algy, yes it goes away, but comes back quicker and stronger than it was before. Painting it might help, although it would probably be more slippery than the algy. Algy dislikes alkalis, try a soap powder mixture scrubbed on and rinsed off, also try and ensure adequate drainage, algy (and moss) both require moisture to flourish

Reply to
Phil L

Wait and hope for an overdose?

Reply to
Graham Jones

obviously that doesn't work...you're still here.

Reply to
George

Err, my name is Jones not Moss !!!???

Reply to
Graham Jones

What kind of surface is the yard? If its sand or earth between numerous cracks, replace with adhesive sand - I forget the exact name.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The ancient remedy is to scrub in some chlorine-based household bleach.

Reply to
Roger Cain

|!permanently?

This is impossible :-( There are moss spores in the air which will grow wherever they can find food, water, and a surface.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Try Jeyes fluid as per the instructions but keep it off any plants you want to keep.

Reply to
Geoff Beale

That was what I used to scrub the yard with.

To all its a concrete yard but I'd imagine it not that thick a layer. I've been informed that if I got some Zinc based paint? and paint it before using the red brick paint that'll cure it?

Reply to
George

That doesn't work any better than pressure washing. The East facing front of my house gets bad algae on it, and I have to pressure wash it off every year. I tried bleach, but the effect is no longer lasting than the pressure washer and it's a pain to scrub the surface, which needs hsoing off anyway.

Reply to
Huge

In article , Phil L writes

Soda crystals are cheep, you can dissolve them in hot water and spray or pour on. Should kill the moss at the very least. Might need stiff broom to get the moss off the surface though, once it's dead.

Reply to
Janet Tweedy