How do you get paint stripper into water ballons?

As per the header.

I do not need to do it but I want to know how they did it.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

A funnel sounds the solution but I'm surprised the balloon survived the chemical attack. Maybe the question is what kind of balloon will survive being filled with paint stripper, or what kind of paint stripper won't attack a balloon.

Latex gloves certainly don't last 5mins in contact with paint stripper.

Reply to
fred

How who did it?

Reply to
Nick

Half an answer:

Cicero

In article , Cicero writes

the product becomes too readily available.

Reply to
fred

Judging by the way the 'bio' stripper (no doubt useless: like everything else 'bio') is in a polythene container I think you have a clue as to what to hurl it inside. Caustic soda would be just as easy, and much more nasty!

You could also make an old fashioned paper 'bomb', which would probably hold even the solvent strippers long enough to hurl. What is this: the anarchists cook book now?

spamlet

The mind boggles - why do you want to put paint stripper into a water balloon?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Adam lives in the real version of the Chatsworth Estate - scatter!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Google all the words in your subject line as is. First hit :-(

Reply to
Adrian C

Actually, the first hit for me is to this thread, then to an article about painting one's car.

Reply to
Huge

I don't see it, with or without the spelling mistake.

Reply to
Matty F

Well some scumbag managed it and threw them over a fence onto two cars at the back of my brothers work unit. I assume that the idea was not to have to climb the security fence and not appear on CCTV.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Cicero saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

It's cheaper than Nitromors and it does have the advantage of removing emulsion paints - a subject that comes up here from time to time. It's also very clean compared with Nitromors and other similar products.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Still no real idea why this is needed, but I worked out a solution to this many years ago.

I wanted to make a trffic light jelly (you know, 3 layers, red, amber, green), but I wanted it as a sphere. Hence I wanted to get jelly into a balloon Funnels do not work: They don't inflate, not enough pressure.

After complicated ideas involving using partial vacuums (aka artificial lung type things) to pull the liquid in, I realised there is a really easy solution.

Get an empty plastic fizzy drink bottle. Add the liquid. Stretch the balloon end over the bottle end. Invert and squeeze. Tie off when full enough.

Reply to
Neal

Nitromors does remove emulsion paint.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

It does but with mixed results. This is one of several suppliers that state that it doesn't do so:

paints have changed a great deal over the years which probably explains the mixed results with Nitromors. This new stuff is far more pleasant to use although it appears to be a bit slower than Nitromors.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "ARWadsworth" saying something like:

Might have been johnnies full of spooge or brake fluid.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

But no doubt not as well as WD-40 :-)

Of course an angle grinder will also remove emulsion paint.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

emulsion & its never failed me yet, but I don't suppose there is much of a bond involved.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman