How best to disguise a very small porcelain chip?

I have just installed a new toilet, rather to my dismay when I came to "polish off" the job what I thought was a black mark on the cistern is a very small chip. As I bought the toilet some time ago I don't think it would be reasonable for the retailer to replace it. Is there a way of "painting" this blemish over? Any suggestions appreciated.

Reply to
Broadback

Tipex?

Reply to
Newshound

A hat, dark glasses and a fake moustache ?? :-)

Reply to
Stephen Dawson

White enamel - try a model shop, White car paint (spray into cup and apply with brush), white Hammerite

Reply to
Mike Harrison

Ask your dentist nicely.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Why not just buy a tin of brushing cellulose? Much better VFM than aerosols.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Thanks you all for you help, problem now resolved. I purchased the item mid October from a local plumbers merchants (Jones & Shufflebottom), I gave them a ring after the New Year, conversation went like this. "I bought, among other things, a cistern from you last October. I only got around to installing it just before Christmas, when I came to clean it what I though was a black mark was a small chip. Any ideas?" "Certainly, we will order replacement now and phone you when it arrives, no charge."_ Now I remember why I go to local suppliers when possible.

Reply to
Broadback

I've a similar problem with a Belfast sink. I am going to try a white epoxy filler similar to the stuff you use on car bodies. I've already filled the deeper part of the (quite large) chip and it has survived water, detergent and other chemicals. I am therefore quite hopeful. I'll polish it with increasingly fine wet and dry papers.

Anyone think I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Peter Scott

Reply to
Peter Scott