Hotpoint Fridge Freezer

Hi,

My friends Hotpoint fridge freezer has the error code E7 on the LCD display which apparently means "Evaporator Thermistor Open Circuit" It has stopped showing the temperature of the freezer on the display but still shows the fridge temp. Anybody know what this means and how to fix it ? Or will she need to call a Hotpoint Engineer.

Thanks,

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Well, the thermistor is the actual temperature sensor...

It could be a wire has got pulled off - has it been moved recently?

I don't have the appliance you mention, but if it were mine, I would try to locate this thermistor and trace the wires going back to the control panel (there should be two wires to it)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

No, I 'm sure it hasn't been moved. Thanks for the advice, I will take another look at it.

Reply to
Ian