High temp silicone

Where acn I get this? I've seen screwfix do it in some garish colour with a rating upto ~300°C My ClearView has black stuff inside to locate the firebricks, surely >300°C, no?? I'd like it in black or clear, seen it anywhere?

-- TIA Mike W

Reply to
visionset

Google for Silcoset 158

Silcoset 158 Adhesive - TRS10

1008A Details: Colour: BLACK Volume: 75ml (0.16pint)

1 Pack of 1 Item

£8.31 (£9.76 incl. VAT)

Available from Ezee Fix

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Very expensive, and nowhere else were any cheaper that I could find, and only good upto 300°C. Perhaps 300 is good enough. Anyone else got a source of something similar?

Reply to
visionset

It's a good bit cheaper at

Ca. half price.

There's rather more 250>300 stuff about.

I only needed it to refix a glass oven door one 75 ml tube was enough.

Is the cost issue because you'll need a lot of it?

If so on the rswww site they have some 250c (continuous) / 300 (intermittent) stuff that's about 6 quid for a 310 ml cartidge gun package

Plumba -Flue, article no. 423-6938 a Corning product.

"Ideal for applications such as sealing gas flues and chimneys, and high-temperature food contact applications e.g. Installation of an Aga range cooker or similar"

DG

Reply to
Derek Geldard

You could try a good motor factor - it's used on exhausts these days. The stuff I saw being used came in the normal tubes that fit a sealant gun. It was clear.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)