high level cold water tank in loft

Seems to me someone who doesn't understand the meaning of the words they write and is unable to use a spell checker is the senile one. Or just shit for brains, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

** snip confused senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

In news:439424de$0$4600$ snipped-for-privacy@authen.yellow.readfreenews.net, Doctor Drivel scribed:

Do you consider psychiatry as one of your D-I-Y skills? If so, may I suggest a more appropriate group for it?

Cheers.

N.

Reply to
nrh

I would like to help the afflicted here, but alas my skills are limited in this area. Can you suggest a group for the uk.d-i-y Lunatic Association? They get to wear yellow boots you know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are in most aren't they?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, in most mental fields I am clearly limited so I can't help you much with your problem.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You never said a truer word. After all, most know what a hacksaw can and cannot be used for without flooding the street.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Perhaps you should try your magnetic water softener round your head, then? This might improve your mental field.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

** snip senile babble **

The man is such an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Mr Cranium, there are better people around that can help you than me.

** snip babbling idiotic senility **
Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I think that we understand that only too well.....

Reply to
Andy Hall

You never said a truer word.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Matt, I can refer you a professional for a full mental analysis. I just saw one in Yellow pages for you.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Searching for a plumber to sort your leaks again?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have used one of these combi cylinders and a combi boiler for only shower use. Worked a treat. Easy and quick to install as the cylinder was all one unit being fitted in the loft. The cold mains pipe could not supply a full mains pressure system, yet could do a very good shower. I used a W-B Junior combi boiler, also in the loft, on the end gable wall. A great solution I got from IMM here two or three years ago.

I always look at combis as the first option for obvious reasons, then a Rinnai multi-point and system boiler, then the combi cylinder and combi boiler method, then a thermal store. Megaflows require a plumber with an unvented ticket and that is out for me.

IMM mentioned a 76 KW combi. This would solve many of my problems even if a larger meter was installed. Cost considerations of course. I have noticed that 40 KW is about the largest combi power rating, which is not that great on flowrate, then a big jump to 76 KW. Anyone know of a

55KW combi? That would be ideal if the flow rate is around 25 litres a minute. The only way to fill this gap to get the flow rates is install two combis, which I did about 4 or 5 years ago, again using W-B Juniors, and one since.
Reply to
timegoesby

I just read this again. I am on about wall mounted combis. I know there are floor mounted combis that will give the flow rates. These are not too good in large flats because of space.

Reply to
timegoesby

Thought you were talking to yourself there - must have killfiled Mr Snivel from before !!

Reply to
NikV

Richard, there are lots of leaks from your brain that is for certain.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

These people tend to wear white coats.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This doesn't surprise me in the least. I am surprised that it took you so long to chime in with support for your brother's inappropriate proposal.

A combi is not " a first option for obvious reasons for every situation".

This has been one of his standard solutions.

You can calculate what the flow rate is.

It is defined by mass, specific heat and temperature rise. That's it. Anything in excess of that is defined by the size of any store. That's also it.

There is no sleight of hand or oofle dust in any of this.

Reply to
Andy Hall