Help: require adapters for ikea lampshades to Uk pendant

My wife just bought some lampshades from Ikea, but they haven't come with the bulb holder. I was expecting those ultra poor quality ES fit pendants with a chocolate block wiring connector at the other end, but nope.

I suspect Ikea may sell adapter rings of some sort to allow the shades to fit onto standard UK pendants, but I'm not travelling 100 miles for the privelege.

Does anyone know if these things are available. It will be some kind of simple plastic (maybe metal) ring, as the ikea fitings have a hole much too big for the uk pendant to screw onto.

TIA

Greg

Reply to
Nightdrive

Nightdrive posted:

to Ikea's site, their shades come with an adaptor .. you haven't thrown it out with the packaging have you .. ;)

I dunno if this is the shade you bought, but I'd guess if you look on the site you'll find yours, and a possible option to get another adaptor .. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

i have seen boxes with those types of rings in ikea, it also says that you would need (i think) two of those rings for certain lamps. obviously i'm not sure if that's what's needed but i don't mind (well i'm looking for an excuse really) popping down to ikea and getting a couple as i think they're only pennies in price, and mailing them if you're really stuck. otherwise perhaps just using some wire would solve the problem ?

sammi

Reply to
sam ende

Cheers for the info everyone. Found my shade on Ikea website (Orgel), and it didn't come with adapters. You're supposed to buy the Hemma cordset, but I'd rather use an adapter and use bayonet fittings though.

Sammi thanks very much for the offer. Very generous indeed. I've a friend going to Ikea next week, I'll try them first.

Thanks again

Gerg

Reply to
Nightdrive

This isn't typical by all means, but thought I'd share my experience of Ikea Brent Park last Friday.

Decide to go there after work to get a couple of kitchen unit doors and other bits from their kitchen range. Will stay on at work late so the rush hour(!) is over, aim to arrive at 9pm, order the kitchen bits, have supper in the resturant, and then drive round to the kitchen warehouse to collect the items. Nice plan, and I've done this a number of times before. However, this time it's not to be...

Arrive at IKEA pretty much on time, and straight round to the kitchen ordering area. Just get to an order desk when the whole store gets evacuated. Stand outside for 1/2 an hour with the rather large number of people who also got chucked out. About 9:35 we're let back in. The "Resturant Closed" sign is now prominently displayed -- oh well, that's the end of supper, never mind. Back to the kitchen order desk, and guess what, nearly nothing I wanted was in stock (and it wasn't worth a trip to the warehouse to collect the one item which was). Give up on wasted journey.

As I said, this isn't typical -- actually I've collected more than one kitchen from there before, and not previously found anything out of stock.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Bizarre. Exactly the same happened to me, but around midday. I reckon their alarm system might be buggered. It was annoying for me because after waiting for an hour in the queue, I finally get served, half the stuff is on the till and the alarm goes off. I just wanted to go home. 60 seconds later and I'd have been free.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've given up going to Ikea. They never have everything in stock I want even if I ring up and check before I go..

Reply to
BillV