help choosing a shower/bath pump

Looking to get a new shower pump and am thinking of a Stuart Turner Monsoon. The only thing is, deciding whether to get a 1 or 2 bar version.

It will be used for the shower and also for filling a bath where the tap recommends at least 0.5 bar, but I'm also wary of emptying the (small) hot tank too quickly.

How do I choose?

The current pump, for only the shower, is an aqualisa, marked 2 bar, but is very old and the shower is pretty weedy.

The pipes are all 22mm and the pump is sited next to the hot tank and send the water up into the loft, across the loft floor and down into the en-suite to an ordinary mixer that has 1/2" connections.

Ideas appreciated.

Reply to
adrian.p.smith1

2 Bar is *a lot*. I've had a gravity fed one from a tank, upstairs, so about 6ft head. It was rubbish.

On the other hand, my parents have a gravity fed one downstairs, so about 20ft head - 2/3 of a bar roughly - and that's fine.

But tastes vary.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ