Heimlich Manoever

Hi,

Could you successfully perform this on yourself if there's nobody else around to save you?

ta.

Reply to
orion.osiris

Apparently:

See the image of "A device used to self administer the Heimlich",

and further down

"Self treatment with abdominal thrusts

A person may also perform abdominal thrusts on themselves by using a fixed object such as a railing or the back of a chair to apply pressure where a rescuer's hands would normally do so. As with other forms of the procedure, it is possible that internal injuries may result."

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I hope you haven't choked while waiting for an answer?

See:

Lobster

ound to save you?

I believe so. When I was having chemotherapy treatment for over a year I used to suck lar ge peppermints to help nausea. While lying in bed one night, a peppermint w ent down my throat and I couldn't breathe. I immediately lunged over the si de of my waterbed, which had a high padded side. The side of the bed pushed into my stomach and the peppermint popped out of my throat.

Reply to
Matty F

Is this a plural person? Just wondering....

Reply to
Davey

I thought I'd opened the wrong newsgroup.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's not actually off-topic, though; think about it....

Reply to
orion.osiris

No.

At least I doubt you would have the strength even if you figured out a way. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Using a device which you just happened on the offchance to have handy is cheating. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Matty F! When did you pop up again? Hadn't noticed before today. Is the above a reference to why you "went missing"?

Looking forward to your next ridiculously (for me) ambitious DIY project.

John

Reply to
Another John

Oh I got over the cancer some years ago. I now have Ubuntu which is up to d ate and able to post using Google (which is really quite good these days.) My latest project is apparently too ridiculous. People don't seem to have w orked out what I want to do, although I think it should be obvious. If I sa y what I want to do, I won't be allowed to do it. So I have to say it's som ething similar. That clear enough?

Reply to
Matty F