Heating

I have a strange problem. I have oil central heating and I have the heating and hot water on timer they are on from around 5.30pm until

8.30pm. BUt at around 2.30am and 4am the heating comes on all by itself and will not be turned off. The lights are not on on the control panel and I have tried to flick it to off but nothing works. All I get is the noise to say its on and the radiators get hot. It normally lasts for around a hour each time but it is really annoying and also going to cost a fortune if it happens all of the time. It has been happening for around 3 days but it has been freezing outside and the boiler is in a brick shed. Has this goit anything to do with it?

Please can you help!!!

Reply to
deanforde

Sounds like you've got a frost stat somewhere in your system (which is good). Leave well alone, it's just trying to prevent your boiler freezing up (which is bad).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

And the freeze will soon be over.