Hardest wearing White Eggshell Paint - Advise please ???

Hi

Just redecorating hall stairs landing and changing the banisters from stained mahogany to white.

Bearing in mind these areas get a fair amount of wear and tear and I am going from a dark colour to white any advise on types / brands of paint that are the hardest wearing / most resistant to knocks etc.

Iwant to use an eggshell / silk finish, not high g;oss and I normally use a water based paint due to having tropical fish in the house, but in this case I will make an exception and use oil based paint if it gives better durability. I can closeof the room the fish are in and have all the windows / doors open to vent the area.

Any advise please???

cheers

DeeBee

Reply to
DeeBee

Always used Dulux Satinwood - very hard wearing, no undercoat required.

Slurp

Reply to
Slurp

Jesus, the 60s are back.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

He can count his blessings, I've just had to paint over yacht varnished doors and skirtings ... :-0

Was stripping it off, then went to flatting off and roughing up...

Cheers

Paul.

Reply to
zymurgy

..... be nailing sheets of hardboard on our moulded doors next

Reply to
Slurp

Or boxing in your banisters with it...

Ah, the memories. The hardboard on the doors isn't too bad. Well, yes, it's bad, but 20 years later someone else can pull it off and marvel at the wonderful panelled doors they just inherited. Like we did in the

70's :)

Dealing with the 1930's (or 40's) combed woodgrain effect we then found was harder. Turns to toffee when heated then sets like glass on yer scraper, needs gallons of stripper to shift it, sands about as well as tarmac. Some got Ronstrip'd, the rest painted over.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

They are you know. Have you seen some of the haircuts the lads of today are sporting? Suspiciously early Beatles...

Tim

Reply to
Tim S