Grohe Eurodisc basin tap set

I am fitting one of these in a new bathroom. The Eurodisc comes with two chrome tails already fitted. In their instructions they show the tails bent outwards at about 45 degrees and then bent again vertically. The tails terminate in two connectors that stick out of the wall horizontally. I've got a couple of snazzy chrome Super Filters and these have a 1/2" male fitting at the other end.

My question is this. To conceal all the pipework, I've made a false wall using moisture resistant MDF. I can mount a pair of right angle female 1/2" thread connectors behind the MDF (ready for the Super Filters to screw into from the front side of the MDF). But to do this means drilling some neat and accurately placed holes in the MDF...so that when I bend the chrome tails on the Eurodisc taps, the tails will then coincide with the Super Filters. But it's a bit chicken and egg to me as I can't see how I can work out easily where to dril;l the holes BEFORE I mount the MDF (since the basin will then mount after the MDF). If you see what I mean ?

Any advice gratefully received

Londonman

Reply to
londonman

I think MDF would be the last material I'd use anywhere near water, water-resistant or not.

Probably with the taps I'd do the bend and then marry-up the basin against the wall and mark it for the holes. Alternatively, I'd make the bends and then measure very carefully. Another alternative would be to make a card template to mark the correct hole position against the basin then use the template on the wall.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Andrews